Saturday, July 11, 2015

100

It has been almost three years since I began this journey of blogging, shit-talking and mindless rambling. At the beginning, I really only started the blog to fill time while being under-employed and bored. I pledged from the beginning to write posts that were strictly non-serious, unpolitical and just plain stupid. This seemed like a simple task considering I am a pretty non-serious, unpolitical and just plain stupid person.

Real Housewives became a staple on my blog, along with characters such as: Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Jimmy Fallon, Ryan Gosling, Caesar Milan and even Chris Pine (the man of my dreams and of his nightmares). I received Facebook messages, emails and texts that in some, way, shape or form were reacting to the words that I posted week after week. Some people got really annoyed, some people asked me out to drinks, some asked me for blow jobs, some people stopped talking to me altogether (LOL losers) and others shared in my entertainment. All of these things were truly positive experiences for me because it was evidence that people were actually reading what I had to say. Whether or not they agreed, I could not care less.

While my blog is usually filled with mindless jokes, there were times when I came up short on my pledge. There were times when my blog was not just solely for shits and gigs. Sometimes, I actually had something SERIOUS to say. Who'da thunk it? I discovered that my blog could be more than just an outlet for my entertainment but also for my healing and, well, existing. After all, life isn't all diamonds and rose (but it should be), as Lisa Vanderpump always says.

This is the hundredth post on my blog and I think that's kind of a cool thing. Right? I mean I do not mean to toot my own horn but I feel like I have never been THIS committed to ANYTHING. Not to an pet, not to a guy, not to a friendship and not even to my Facebook profile. While I have gone through hiatuses and ignorantly abandoned this blog for weeks or months at a time, I just never could quit you.

Thank you to those who read my offensive words again and again. Thank you to those who read my offensive words and don't, like, TP or egg my house. Thank you to to those who I have referenced here and have not gotten such a big HEAD about it (big fucking deal, you are on some random ass biddy's blog...get over it).

Thank you, thank you, thank you times 100.
XOXO,

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment